A home-made hair masque to infuse your lackluster summer hair with moisture, nutrients and… beer?
The summer months, though they do wonders for our soul, expose our tresses to countless stresses that can lead to seriously damaged strands. Between dunks in drying salt or chlorinated water, blonde highlights, and sitting for hours in the sun (hair can burn just like our skin), our formerly silky strands are begging for a mega moisture infusion.
Jodi Shays of the famed Queen Bee Salon and Spa in Brentwood, creates a special recipe just for The Divine Addiction – an ultra-moisturizing masque that would be great to whip up and apply after the summer months have parched your hair, or anytime you need a moisture boost. “This will be good for crispy, brittle hair that has been in the sun, ocean, or highlighted,” says Jodi. This recipe calls for jojoba oil, avocado, egg yolk, and beer – all great for lackluster hair! So, get to the kitchen and whip up this delectable treat for your hair in no time!
– 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil (extremely moisturizing, jojoba oil is the one natural oil found to be closest to our own natural “sebum”).
– Half an avocado (for moisture and shine).
– One egg yolk (hair needs protein, too).
– For the rinse: one cup of room temperature beer (beer made with true hops is better).
– Plastic Wrap or Warm Moist Hair Towel
– Mash all ingredients together and set aside.
– Wash hair as normal with favorite shampoo and gently towel dry.
– Apply the mask to your hair and comb it through. Pile your hair on top of your head and wrap it in plastic wrap or warm moist towel.
– Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with room temperature beer. For longer hair use a second bottle. Give hair another rinse with cool water to remove masque residue – it can be quite goopy!
********20% off of your first facial at Queen Bee Salon & Spa Brentwood when you mention The Divine Addiction!********