The weather is getting colder, the holidays have crept up on us and we are desperate for something festive and heartwarming. This fabulous mulled red wine recipe makes your house smell incredible and will put even the grumpiest of family members in the holiday spirit. Enjoy!
One 750ml bottle of Cabernet, or some other rich red wine
¼ cup Brandy
1 tbsp Mulling Spices
Peel of 1 orange
1/3 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp apple pie spice
If you don’t have mulling spices throw in:
1 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large pot over low-medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, so that the liquid is steaming and the sugar begins to melt, stirring continuously.
- Do not let the wine boil.
- Turn the heat to low and gently warm the liquid for about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into your serving pitcher or bowl.
- Ladle into glasses. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice.