I’m a faker. People closest to me know that. I have a handful of luxury items but most of my things come from consignment stores, recycled shops and online sites’ sales. There are tricks to buying for value. You can interpret that word however you like, but value is important when it comes to fashion. It isn’t synonymous with money and it can determine what you think is important to your personal style. A watch with two faces set to the Central and Pacific time zones is valuable to me but only cost $25 at Urban Outfitters. And it looks expensive. Ya dig? Hopefully my tips in The (Almost) Lowe Down can help you look like a grand for a tiny percentage of that. If they don’t, you didn’t hear any of it from me.
Catherine, in 17 divine nutshells.
2. My go-to labels for cocktail and beyond: the BCBG family, Marciano and Nanette Lepore. My go-to labels for casual adventures: Zara, TopShop and Tanya Scheer.
3. In summertime, I live in denim shorts. I’m pretty much a Never Nude. (Look it up.)
4. I’m in a love pentagon with Sam Edelman, Jeffrey Campbell, Steve Madden, and Carlo Pazolini. And I keep them in my closet until I’m ready for action.
Get your own!
5. I’m naturally a creature of habit. My nails are 99% the same color all year round and I walk to Starbucks almost every morning in my Aviator shades with my man on my arm.
6. The most luxurious brands in my closet are Vianel, Louis Vuitton and L.A.M.B. The ones that look luxurious but are accessible XXI, H&M, ASOS.
7. I’d give my firstborn son to have the fashion balls Amanda Seyfried, Hailee Steinfeld, Olivia Palermo, Cate Blanchett and Nicole Richie have.
8. My dangerous addiction to fashion magazines started when I was 8. So much so, that I chose my college major & minor to eventually work on staff at one and I always have one on me. Even on red carpets.
Get your own!
9. My favorite number is 917. Don’t ask.
10. I have a weakness for peanut M&Ms and karaoke.
11. My dream travel itinerary would include Greece (for the architecture), Italy (for the beauty—both old and new) and New Zealand (for the landscapes).
12. Because of the last 12 months, I’ve mastered my list of worthy travel companions: my American Apparel infinity scarf that doubles as a blanket, Evian spray, a Chanel makeup case and a delicious Louis Vuitton to carry it all in.
13. I have a girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence.
14. I’m inseparable from my MacBookPro and its Kate Spade frock.
15. My deadliest beauty weapons—bold brows and luscious locks.
16. I constantly wonder what I’ll look like with Kourtney Kardashian’s bangs.
17. I got my driver’s license when I was 19 and have never owned a car.
So, that’s me! Come back for my next edition of The Almost Lowe Down for more fashion talk and tips for your everyday style inspirations.