As seen in Star Magazine, here is Villa Blanca’s Executive Chef Francis Dimitrius’ fabulous roasted turkey recipe.
12-14 lb Turkey Breast
16 Slices of bacon
2 Lemons, sliced
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig sage
2 Red Onion, roughly chopped
1 Celery stalk, roughly chopped
1 Carrot, roughly chopped
2cups Chicken/turkey stock
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 475˚.
- Slide your hand underneath the turkey skin, creating a pocket
- Rub the turkey breast underneath the skin with the olive oil and place herbs and lemon slices evenly along the breast
- Season the outside of the turkey with generous portions of salt and pepper
- Place onions, carrots, and celery on the bottom of the roasting pan
- Place the turkey breast on top of the vegetables and add stock to the pan.
- Roast the turkey breast for 40 minutes to get a nice golden brown color on the skin.
- Remove from the oven and create a lattice pattern with the bacon over the top of the turkey breast.
- Lower temperature to 325˚, cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast turkey breast for about 1 ½ -2 hours or until the internal temperature has reached 165˚ at the turkeys thickest part.
- Remove the aluminum foil the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the bacon to crisp.
- Remove from oven and let the turkey rest for 30 minutes before carving.