Need something to do with all of your leftovers? These sliders are the perfect next-day recipe. Try Executive Chef Francis Dimitrius’ perfect low-key holiday snack.
1 bag of Kings Hawaiian slider buns
1lb cooked turkey breast
½ cup cranberry sauce
3 Slices of bread stuffing (each slice cut into 6 cubes) – see below for recipe
Turkey gravy – see below for recipe
- Heat turkey up in a little water or stock to warm it through.
- Slice rolls in half and place one piece of bread stuffing on the bottom portion.
- Top with warmed turkey, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy.
- Place the other half of the bun on top of the gravy and serve with salad or sweet potato fries.
¼ cup finely chopped onions
½ cup chopped celery
1/3 cup salted butter
4 cups bread cubes
1/8 tsp pepper
2 eggs, beaten
½ tsp salt
¼ to ½ tsp ground sage
¼ to ½ tsp poultry seasoning
Turkey or chicken broth
1. Sauté the onion and celery in the butter until softened.
2. Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir in broth until well moistened.
4. Bake in a greased covered shallow casserole at 325° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
4.Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.
2 Shallots (thinly sliced)
1 sprig of sage
2 slices of prosciutto (roughly chopped)
2 oz of butter
2 oz of flour
2 cup Turkey Stock
- Sauté shallots, giblets, sage and prosciutto for one minute.
- Add butter and flour and cook until flour is a golden brown (about 10 minutes on low heat).
- Add warm stock to the sauté pan and whisk vigorously until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain and serve.