This is one of my favorite things to make during the holiday season as it can be used in so many different ways. It’s a quick recipe that makes your house smell delicious! Use this in cocktails instead of simple syrup or drizzle over cookies as a glaze – I’ve even used it in dressings and sauces!
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Mulling Spices
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Allow to boil for 30 seconds until sugar dissolves then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes (more if you’d like it thicker) then allow to cool.
4. Strain the liquid into an airtight container and cool.
5. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Here is one of my favorite festive cocktails to make with this delicious syrup!