These lettuce cups are scrumptious. They are fantastic for a light but decadent lunch when you want to seriously impress your guests (or yourself!) with minimal effort. They are sexy, unconventional and incredibly delectable. Have fun!
Makes 4 cups
2 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
4 butter lettuce cups
½ cup sweet Corn
¼ cup red onion, diced
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup Lemon Dijon vinaigrette
½ Avocado, sliced
1. To cook the chicken breasts, wash and lightly season them with salt and pepper. Grill or sauté them in some olive oil over a medium-high heat until cooked through. Shred them into small pieces and let cool.
2. Toast the pine nuts lightly in a sauté pan.
3. Toss the chicken, pine nuts, corn and onion in a bowl with the dressing.
4. Arrange the butter lettuce cups around your serving plate.
5. Portion out the chicken mixture amongst the 4 lettuce cups.
6. Place a slice of avocado on top of each cup.
7. Garnish with an edible Orchid or some sliced cherry tomatoes, for color.
LEMON DIJON VINAIGRETTE
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste.