These are the most adorable holiday desserts! My friend Merrill, from Merrill Paige Styling, introduced me to these cute little guys and I have become obsessed! I personally love to place them on top of a store-bought pie; it saves you time and still adds a really memorable personal touch to your dessert. However, don’t think I’m going to stop making these after the holidays – they’ll be served in a bowl with ice cream all year!
4 red apples
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp apricot preserves
1 box of puff pastry
Apple Pie Spice
1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 375˚
2. Slice the apples in half and core them.
3. Lay each side face down and thinly slice each half vertically into 2 mm slices.
4. Place apple slices in a microwaveable bowl and cover apples with water. Add the juice of one lemon. Microwave for 2 minutes to soften the apples (they need to be able to bend!)
5. Flour your counter and smooth out the puff pastry sheets.
6. With a pizza cutter, divide the pastry dough into 6-10 even sections (about 2 inches wide).
7. Add 4 tbsp of apricot preserves into a small bowl with a dash of water. Microwave for 30 seconds.
8. Brush the apricot mix onto the pastry dough.
9. Take a strip of dough and place a line of softened apples horizontally along one side (overlap them slightly) with the ends touching the middle of the dough strip.
10. Sprinkle cinnamon & apple pie spice over the apples and fold up the bottom half of each strip creating a pocket for the apples.
11. Roll the dough carefully into a rose.
12. Place roses in a muffin pan.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 min.
14. Place on top of the pie of your choice, or eat by themselves!