There is something so fresh and delicious about a crunchy, decadent Greek Salad. Fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and a creamy feta dressing make this salad a crowd-pleaser unlike any other. There are dozens of ways this salad can fit itself into your lunch –try it as an appetizer topped with spicy grilled shrimp, make it as a main course with some crusty warm garlic bread, or indulge in it as a side dish with grilled chicken breasts and vegetable couscous. Any way you make it, your guests will be sure to love it! We’ve added grilled chicken to the salad but it’s great without too!
Makes a salad big enough for 6 people
2 grilled chicken breasts, shredded
Romaine lettuce, chopped (either 3 bags or 3 heads)
7 large, ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1 red onion, sliced
1 large or 2 small cucumbers, sliced into chunky pieces (we prefer Persian or English cucumbers, as they don’t have seeds)
1 ½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled (we prefer French Feta if you can find it!)
1 ½ cups pitted Kalamata olives
3 Avocadoes, sliced.
¾ cup olive oil
¼ tsp dried oregano
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Firstly, make the dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor or blender.
2. As the ingredients combine, gradually add the olive oil into the mixture until it is thick and creamy.
3. Wash the lettuce, pat dry and place in your serving bowl.
4. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers to the lettuce.
5. Toss the lettuce, chicken and veggies with the dressing.
6. Sprinkle the salad with the olives, feta and red onion.
7. Top with the sliced avocado.
For a fantastic cocktail to go with your meal, try our Big Pinky.
And we love our Ricotta and Berry Tartlets as the dessert!