This year is busy enough without having to worry about what to offer your guests at the next get-together. Don’t stress yourself: this recipe takes about 5 minutes of hands-on preparation, costs next to nothing and is a delightfully unusual little hors d’oeuvre to share with your guests. We find them adorable and delicious and we hope you do too!
Miniature Baked Potatoes with Crème Fraiche, Smoked Salmon and Chives
- 25 miniature gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche (or sour cream, if in a pinch)
- 1 package of smoked salmon, chopped into small slices
- Diced chives for garnishing
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil until they are lightly covered and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper and prick them lightly with a fork so they don’t explode.
- Bake the potatoes for about 23-25 mins until they are tender but not too soft. Place on a serving tray and cut an X into the top of each potato.
- Squeeze the sides of the potato lightly below the X so the X opens up, exposing the inside.
- Top each potato X with a dot of crème fraiche.
- Top the crème fraiche with small slices of smoked salmon.
- Garnish with the chives and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Serve on a white platter to accentuate the colors.
- The potatoes can be made in advance, kept warm and toppings placed on right before your guests arrive.